Come as a guest, leave as a friend
Would you like to get to know Bremen with a local?
You want to know what life in our city feels like?
But be careful: Greeters are not tour guides but simply “friends in town”.
So … there are no maps, no book guides, open your eyes and just immerse yourself in our daily lives: …thanks to Bremen Greeter you will feel like a real “Bremer” for a few hours. Send us your request now.
Like many other Greeter destinations we are a non-profit project within the International Greeter Association.
What Greeters are?
Greeters welcome guests and take them on individual Greets through the city – without charge.
We love our hometown and like to give you an insight into our personal lives in Bremen. That is why accompany you through our town – entirely free of charge, as is customary among friends. You will experience very personal and individual walkabouts and you will hear about our workaday lives.
A complete sightseeing-tour to tourist-attractions is not what we provide, but we can tell you where you can get it.
Bremen wants to be discovered
Bremen has not only a picturesque old town and the city musicians to offer. Lively places in the “quarter”, hidden places, green oases are to explore. The former harbour area is transformed into an exciting new district.
A special part of the city is Bremen-Nord with its long history of seafaring, with lots of greenery in parks and gardens and with the international Constructor University.
Get tips for activities, restaurants and cafes. Discover Bremen with friends you didn’t know yet.
Our Core Values
All Greeters in the Global Greeter Network share the same Core Values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination. Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people.
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge.
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respects natural and man-made environments, it brings both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities.
- Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between ordinary people in creating a better world.
What our guests wrote about meeting our Greeters
We had a wonderful time with our greeter Brigitte on 5 May. She was very well prepared ,knowledgeable and enthusiastic about her city. We covered a lot of territory in our time together and we’re very impressed with beautiful Bremen
Thank you also for your help
Best wishes Philip and Marianne
Thank you so very much for the wonderful walk in your lovely city. We really enjoyed it and after dinner, we walked the same route again and consider Bremen one of the most beautiful cities on the world! You are so lucky to live in this city!
Gratefully Anna (Taiwan)
Danke Ruth! Merci beaucoup pour la visite c’était vraiment super! On recommencera l’expérience Greeters, et puis dès qu’on s’installe quelque part on s’inscrira comme guide.
Jessy et Joanna